We all know that Google+ hangouts is a unique feature in Google+ that allows us to do a webcam based video conferencing or otherwise known as group video chat. It allows up to a max of 10 users to participate in a single hangout at the same time.
Now when you are hosting a hangout, we are pretty sure you might have came across at least one of these following scenarios
- One of the person you invited is driving or on the move?
- A person you want to include in a hangout don’t know how to use a computer or a smartphone?
- Person invited is far away from a computer but got a smartphone without a front facing camera (hangouts require phones with front facing camera)
- Elderly who only has access to a conventional phone or a non-smartphone
- A shy person who might be uncomfortable by being on a video but fine using audio instead
Inviting to an hangout using a phone number is really simple
- Launch an hangout as you normally do
- Click on the Invite button on the top
- Click on the Phone tab in the Invite others… dialog
- Type in a phone number or press number in the right side dialpad
- Click on the Call now button
- That’s it, Google+ hangout will now call the phone number and once the person picks up he is now part of this hangout using audio/ voice (traditional audio conferencing)