Hosting a Google+ hangout and you want to invite someone who is on the road / travelling and don’t have access to a computer / tablet / smartphone or in a place where there is no internet access?
Invite by Telephone to Google+ hangout
No problem. Hangout now supports invite by any telephone number around the world. It is absolutely free for US / Canada phone numbers and nominal rate for rest of the world (This feature is powered by google voice and the same rate applies).
How to invite by Phone?
- Start a hangout as you would normally do (for eg. click on the Start a hangout button on the Google+ main stream page)
- Click on the Invite button
- Click on the +telephone link
- On the Telephone tab that appears on the right, enter a telephone number and press Add button
- Optionally, you can add more telephone numbers and click Add
- Now click on the Invite button
- All the telephone number you entered will be dialed now (powered by Google voice)