Apple today released a new update i.e version 10.12.5 of its popular Sierra macOS along with iTunes 12.6.1 that addresses performance improvements.
MacOS Sierra Update 10.12.5
You can easily update to the latest release by Clicking on the Apple icon -> Overview -> Software Update -> UPDATE / macOS Sierra Update 10.12.5. This update is pretty big i.e over 1 GB, so you have to be a little patient while it downloads.
Here is a list of changes according to macOS release notes
The macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
- Fixes an issue where audio may stutter when played through USB headphones.
- Enhances compatibility of the Mac App Store with future software updates.
- Adds support for media-free installation of Windows 10 Creators Update using Boot Camp.
- Adds support for more digital camera RAW formats.
- Resolves an issue, affecting some enterprise and education customers, that may cause the system date to be set to the year 2040.
- Prevents a potential kernel panic when starting up from a NetInstall image. This fix is available when starting up from a NetInstall image created from the macOS 10.12.5 installer.
Please update and share your thoughts about this release.