Google+ Badges or Widgets for Google+ Pages Released, Connect Your Site With Google+ Pages!
Google+ badges or widgets are a great way to directly connect your site with your Google+ pages. These badges were only available before to a limited set of Google+ platform preview members.
After intense testing and feedback from google+ platform preview members, it’s now released for the public and available to everyone. Integration of Google+ badges on webpages for webmasters is really simple.
Basically there are 2 parts of code that are needed to be added to your web page (the following code was generated for Google+ news page. Generate code for your own pages as explained in the bottom of the post)
This has to be placed in the HEAD portion of your HTML page
and the following in the BODY and where you want the badge/widget to appear
<!-- Place this tag where you want the badge to render--> <g:plus href="https://plus.google.com/110885424279358855191" size="badge"></g:plus>
The following google+ code snippet
<g:plus href="https://plus.google.com/110885424279358855191" size="badge"></g:plus>
produces the following badge/widget (this is a image, please look at the RIGHT SIDE of this post for the real widget =======>
Here are the steps of how to get your Google+ badge/widget (for your own Google+ page)
- Goto your Google+ page (for e.g. Google+ news page https://plus.google.com/110885424279358855191/posts)
- Copy the page ID, the number portion of the url (in the above example 110885424279358855191)
- Now goto Google+ badge configuration tool
- Paste the above copied page ID into the textbox
- Immediately after you paste the ID, you’ll find your badge generated below with a preview
- You can customize the type of badge/widget by clicking on any of the following options
- Standard badge
- Small badge
- Small icon
- Medium icon
- Large icon
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and you’ll find the code generated for your Google+ badge/widget
- Copy and paste it into your site or blog or any webpage (as explained above)
- That’s it, you are done!
You’re badge/widget is ready and your visitors will be able to do the following
- Clicking on the badge/widget will take them to your Google+ page
- They’ll be able to +1 your Google+ page (right from your website)
- It’ll show the count of +1’s your Google+ page has received
- Shows list of recently +1’d Google+ users with thumbnail of their profile picture
Add Google+ badge/widget to your blog, website or any web page and engage & connect your visitors/customers with your Google+ page(s).
this badge is HUMONGOUS! how to make it smaller?
I have the same problem. I want to show who is already connected, but it is way to big as is right now. Any advice?
Is it in other language?
There is currently no option to make it smaller – Google are introducing config options for this soon
thank you very very much!!!
ha ha, just now i installed this code on my blog it is simply superb!!!
thanks a lot!!
thanks very good application
I have a question (not sure if I’m doing something wrong or this is the way the widget works):
How many followers do you need to have in order to have the thumbnails of the followers appear in the widget?
I see in the picture from above the number ’21’; I have a bit more but the thumbnails still don’t appear (not even on the preview on the configuration tool), only the number and the +1 little button. I’ve tested with other IDs for other G+ pages and for them it worked. Any idea why this might happen?