You joined Google+ and let’s say at some point you decided to leave the network. One thing immediately comes to mind is, what will happen to all my data you created?
Google+ strongly believes in data openness and the only popular social network that allows to download/export your data as you go (Your data is owned by you).
Here are the simple steps to download / export data
- Goto https://plus.google.com
- Click on the gear icon on the top right
- Select Google+ settings options
- Click on Data liberation
- Click on Download your data to download all data at one shot
- You’ll also find other following options to download individual data (profile, posts, circles / contacts)
- Click on Download your Profile data to download your profile data as a .json file
- Click on Download your Stream data to download your posts as .zip file
- Click on Download your Circles and Contacts to download circles and contacts as .zip file
- Select Account overview option
- Under Services
- Delete profile and Google+ features
- Delete entire Google account