It is holiday season and this is the time people share lot of their memorable moments with their friends, family and the world through pictures. Google+ with it’s photo sharing and circles feature makes our life a lot easier.
Now there is even more great news. With just in time for the holiday season, Google+ has released major updates to it’s Google+ photos feature as outlined below,
New features in Google+ photos
- Whole new photo’s experience
- Viewing a photo in Lightbox has been completely redesigned
- Enhanced comment legibility (comments are nicely laid out in a whole new format)
- Fullscreen view of the photo on the click of a button (A arrow icon on the bottom right corner)
- Enhanced photo tagging feature with great tools to identify and tag faces
- Download photo as the original
- +1 a picture right within the photo view (+1 button on the bottom right corner)
- Share the picture right from the photo view (share button on the bottom right corner)
- A photo details option to view dimensions, filesize, camera, exposure, aperture, focal length, ISO speed, exposure bias and flash used (click options and select photo details)
- A enhanced creative kit, rotate picture, autofix tools if you are the owner of the photo i.e if you have uploaded the photos
- Creative kit includes seasonal tools. Due to holiday and christmas season now you’ll find reindeer, snow flakes, etc.
- Option to report a photo (click options and select report photo. tools for fighting spam)
- Option to report comments / flag as inappropriate (click options and select report comments. A flag icon will appear next to each comment. click on the icon to flag as inappropriate)
Google+ photos with Lightbox video
Overall the new Google+ photos is a simple, clean and organized user experience. You get the rich and interactive experience of a desktop application on the web. Great job guys!!
Enjoy uploading and sharing pictures through Google+ photos. Please also share your thoughts through comments below.