There has been quite a rant online lately that Google’s executives are not on Google+ and not using their own products.
We thought of taking a quick look for ourself to verify the claim and found it was only partially true. Unfortunately since there was no way to find when they joined the network (from their profiles), however based on the posts they shared or followers, we can take a quick guess of when they might have joined the network.
According to our findings only Eric Schmidt, former CEO and current executive chairman of Google joined recently but pretty much majority of other executives were on Google+ right from the beginning or for quite some time. They were definitely using their flagship social product – Google+.
Here is a quick list of some of Google executives on Google+
- +Eric Schmidt Executive Chairman (15876 followers)
- +Larry Page Co-Founder and CEO (575325)
- +Sergey Brin Co-Founder (431844)
- +Vic Gundotra Senior VP Engineering (345727)
- +Andy Ruben Head of Android (21200)
- +Bradley Horowitz VP Product, Google+ (173885)