Google+ Feature for Google Apps for Business Is Released and Ready for Use!
One of the most requested and much awaited feature, using Google+ social network with your Google Apps for business account is released today.
Often viewed by some of the critics that most trusted google apps community was ignored from getting the Google+ goodness before the general public. But google has updated several times that Google+ feature for google apps for business was in works and will be released shortly. We’ve covered this in a previous posts and in a recent web 2.0 summit coverage updated that it is on it’s way in the coming days.
And finally the time has come and here it is. Google+ feature has been added to Google Apps for business.
By default the feature is turned off and a administrator for your Google Apps has to enable it. Once enabled a google apps user will be able to login to google+ and create his google+ profile.
If you try to login into Google+ with your Google Apps account when Google+ is not enabled by your Administrator, you’ll get this message (refer image below) : Google+ feature is not available for your Organization
Here are steps of how to enable Google+ in Google Apps control panel
- Goto http://google.com/a/<yourdomain> (replace yourdomain with your Google apps domain)
- Login with your Google apps Administrator account
- Click on the Organization & Users tab in the top
- Click on the Services tab
- Scroll down to find the Google+ service in the list
- Click on the ON switch to turn it on
- A dialog will appear with instructions (read it carefully)
- Click on the Turn Google+ on link
- Click on the Save changes button in the bottom (Very important)
- That’s it, Google+ is enabled and turned on for your Google Apps for Business account users
Some Key features while using Google+ through Google Apps
- After logging in and creating profile, when you click on the Circles tab you’ll automatically find all the other users in your organization
- Suggestion of users will be provided from your Google apps users pool
- Click on gear icon and choose google+ settings, under Who can interact with your and your posts section, click on the drop down and you’ll be able to limit it just to your organization (This will reduce noise)
After enabling Google plus for my domain, I try to logon with the iPhone app and get the message that I need an invite…
I’m an administrator and want to turn on this service for my school but the Google+ is not in the services list. How come?
Are you seeing it now and is it working?
It isn’t in the list for me yet as well. Are google releasing domains a few at a time?
aha, found reason Note: Google+ requires Picasa Web Albums for photo sharing and Google Talk for chat, so if these services are not enabled then Google+ will not automatically become available, even if your domain has chosen to automatically enable new services. The option to automatically enable new services is controlled in the Domain settings tab of the administrator control panel.
“Google+ is not available for your organization. Please contact your administrator to enable this service.”
I created my new Google+ business page. All went well, the new page was created. Then suddenly I received the message listed above in quotes. I follow all of the instructions to make sure that Google+ was turned on in the admin. Also made sure that Picasa was on as well. I cleared my cache, tried used all the major browsers (IE FF Chrome). Still no luck.
Has anyone else experienced a similar problem, and found a resolution?
Same problem here! Did you find any resolution
A person necessarily help to make severely posts I might state. This is
the first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I
amazed with the research you made to make this actual submit amazing.
I beloved as much as you’ll obtain performed proper here. The caricature is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish.