Majority of social networks out there have a messaging feature that allows to send private messages to another network user even without knowing their email address.
Google+ lacked once such feature, however there was other ways to achieve similar functionality by sharing a post as private message to a single google+ user.
That is not the case anymore as sending a private message has been added and available right now on any Google+ users profile.
To better protect privacy and spam, they’ve also added fine grained control of who should be allowed to send private messages or email’s through the profile.
Today if you go to your Google+ profile, you’ll find two buttons just below the profile picture as mentioned below
Send a message
This option is similar to sharing post with a single user except it is packaged in a single button. When someone or you send a message using this option, you’ll find that message in the Incoming section of the Google+ stream. It’ll be a limited shared post with only visible to the sender and the receiver. The nice thing about this is, you can comment on the post and have a larger conversation on the topic (which through email takes several emails and the context get’s lost).
Send an email
This option will provide a dialog similar to email compose and you can type in a subject and a message. Once you hit send, a email is sent to that Google+ user’s registered email.
Worried about spam or privacy? Don’t worry it is covered through the following settings
- Goto your Google+ profile by clicking on your first name link just next to your profile picture
- Click on Edit Profile button
- You’ll find a icon just next to the Send a message or Send an email button
- Click on the icon one at a time and configure to altogether turn off that particular feature OR configure who should be allowed to contact you
- Just uncheck the Allow option to completing turn off send message or email feature
- How to Ignore a Person or Block a Person in Google Plus? Is someone annoying you on google plus or you are not interested in what they are sharing? Google+ understands your concern and you have two...
- Translate Google+ Posts From Any Language to English or Any Language of Your Choice Chrome Plugin From Google Released! Ever wondered in Google+, what somebody is saying in totally a different language that you don’t know or don’t even know what language he is...
- How to Link/replace Your Blogger or Blogspot Profile With Google+ Profile? Are you a blogger or blogspot user and write blog posts? Normally the blog post you wrote will be searched and indexed by google search...
- How to Create and Run a Poll or Survey in Google+? Google+ is a pretty young but the fastest growing social network. Being relatively new it lacks certain features; for example an app or feature to...
- 13 Reasons Your Google+ Account May Get Limited, Banned, Suspended or Terminated! We often get asked about why my google+ profile or account was suspended or terminated? Most of time it was due to spam or profile...
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.