If you have already planned hangouts or planning to host hangouts on air tonight then this maintenance downtime announcement may be of interest to you.
Today i.e 11th June between 7pm – 8pm PDT, YouTube/Hangouts on Air are undergoing a planned sitewide maintenance and the maintenance team is advising to avoid hangouts on air during that time.
Services affected during maintenance
- Users will not be able to create, start or stop YouTube Live or Hangout On Air events during this time. (Plan on starting the events before 7pm Pacific).
- Users will not be able to comment, like a video, or create playlists.
- cms.youtube.com and ads.youtube.com will be unavailable.
- Dropbox will be in read-only mode (You can drop content but it will not be processed until maintenance is complete).
- Users will still be able to search, watch, rent videos, & subscribe to channels.
- Users can also upload videos, but there’ll be a delay in processing of their videos.
So please be informed and plan your hangouts either before or after this downtime.