Are you planning to leverage the full power of social media / networks and build your own community around it? Then this simple and quick step by step guide of 10 ways to build your community on Google+ is for you.
Google+ team has created this wonderful guide for you in PDF format(we are republishing it as a post for your convenience)
Create a compelling Google+
- Before you start sharing with your fans, followers or community members, select a great profile photo — this is the number one way people will recognize you on Google+. In addition, make sure to add five scrapbook photos, complete the ‘About’ section and add links to other destinations where you can be found across the web.
- Decide on a tone for your page, and stay consistent in your messaging so that your posts feel personal and authentic. It’s also good to let people know who’s contributing to your Google+ Page by linking their personal Google+ profiles in the “About” section.
- Use Circles to segment your fans, followers and even internal teams so you can share the right information with the right people.
Engage your fans, followers and community
- Create a posting schedule, and post at least once a day to make sure you are sharing new and interesting content that sparks genuine conversation. Remember to +mention others on Google+ who you may add to your post so they feel the love and share your post with more people. The best times to post are from 10 am – 1 pm.
- Share exclusive photos and videos with your fans and followers. You can edit your photos directly in Google+ and can even share animated GIF photos—a great way to draw attention to your Page!
- Engage your community by posting questions and asking for feedback. Make sure to respond actively to your followers through comments and +1’ing, and credit your most active followers by +mentioning them in a post.
- Regularly host hangouts to have real face-to-face conversations with your fans and followers from all over the world. Give your followers a behindthe-scenes tour, collaborate with members of your community on a new project or simply say thank you to your supporters for all those +1’s.
Promote your Google+ Page
- Spread the word about your Google+ Page by sharing your Page with people from your personal Google+ Profile, your email contacts and by posting a link to your Page on relevant blogs, websites and other social destinations.
- Add a Google+ Badge to your website to get more recommendations for your site in Google Search and grow your audience on Google+. Including a Google+ Badge on your site allows people to +1 and add you to their Circles directly from your website. It also consolidates +1’s from your site and your Page so you can keep track of all your fans and followers.
- Place an author tag on your online materials—which means your authorized photo and name appear next to search results for stuff you’ve created, like your official website, blog posts or videos. This way, people who search for you know what content was created by you.