Everyday there is something new on Google+. After successful launch of Google+ one of the most sought after feature was Google+ pages a.k.a. business pages or brand pages.
Couple of weeks ago in web 2.0 summit, Google’s Vic Gundotra and Sergey Brin announced that quite new features coming to Google+ including the new google+ pages in a matter of days and the day has arrived.
As expected, Google announced the launch of Google+ pages and started to roll out in phases. After hearing the news we tried to create a page for Google-Plus.com but unfortunately got an message Google+ Pages isn’t ready for everyone. We understood pages feature was not enabled for our google+ account and decided to give couple of hours before trying again. After some time we tried and it worked as expected.
Here is the Google+ news page we’ve created for this site. Please +1 and follow us on this Google+.
As of this writing Google+ page supports following categories
- Local business or place – Add your local business or a google place
- Product or brand – A particular product or brand name
- Company, Institution or Organization – Your company, college or any organization
- Arts, Entertainment or Sports – Your favorite sports team
- Others – Anything that doesn’t fall in the above category, for e.g a site
- Google+ hangouts – Hangout with your followers or customers (have a video conversation with your customers)
- Google+ circles – Circle your followers or customers by creating appropriate circles
- +1 button to help recommend your business on Google search and Ad’s